Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Looking at the present to decide the future

I woke up this morning to come to terms with a few things. I am going to graduate in two years time.

I am in my third year. FOr many friends it is their graduating year; honours is an extension. I do not know if i want to do honours or not. I enjoy studying economics. I really do. LEarning how economies work, how governments and state manipulate interest rates and fiscal policies and other economic incentives to manage the financial boat. it is a bit like sailing, cept you have only the vaguest of ideas of your destination, with only the rough ideas of how insturments will work and get you to your destination.

I come to see that i really want to do something practical with my economics knowledge. That means education if possible, teaching students not only how economics works, but how to to live their lives. Yet a part of me wants to enter government service to put theoretical knowledge into practical use.

I know how people who study economics at the lower levels think that it is all theory, that there is little practical use for economics. On the contary, every decision any one makes whether a micro or a macro decision is really an economic decision. Governments who decide whether to spend a dollar more must be careful lest they throw the economy into disequilibrium.

Sometimes i don;t know about which path i want to take. And at the same time, i know that if i trust god, if i seek his will, it will be the best. Whether to work as a teacher, to work with a government. My ideal is to teach economics, but i want to gain some experience in MAS first. I want to be able to when i teach show the students the practical side as well as the fascinating aspect of economics.

Yup that is it. Life is too short.

1 Comments:

Blogger Priestys Thoughts said...

Interesting Blog. I have bookmarked it. Check out my thoughts and stuff at my blog -->

http://priestyism.blogspot.com/

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home