Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Pursuit

Last night I asked God what it meant to pursue a girl. And the words of John Eldredge came to mind, in Wild at Heart. To fight for a girl.

I always thought that that meant chasing her, making her feel like she felt safe. Yes that was a true part of life. But there is something more.

There are so many fairy tale stories of how a princess is caught in some castle inside a forest, waiting for a prince charming to come and sweep her off her feet. Waiting for her rescue. Many have tried but equally many have failed. Yet one man will fight through the forest, one man will struggle with the forces in the said forest, and he will prevail.

Then it dawned on me, what fighting for a girl meant. It means to fight to be who you are.
It means to fight to be the PRINCE that God made us to be. It means to fight to be the WARRIOR that God made us to be. It means to be who you were made to be. It means to claim destiny. I cannot fight for a girl until I know who I am, until I know what my destiny is. Until I am aware of what destiny is. Until I am my own destiny. Fight to know who I am, that I may become that person.

I don't know if I am who I am supposed to be. I think I am on that path. But the question God asks me this time is not who am I. But am I ready to work things out. He gave me an analogy a few days back.

A relationship between two people is like a single gear shaft. Each gear is manufacture to fit the teeth of another gear. Every car's gear box is engineered such that every part fits each other. Yet even still, on the first few thousand runs, there is still some grinding and rubbing, some fine tuning that the connected parts must go through in order to run smoothly. Until finally the parts fit perfectly.

That is the same with life. Two parts that are able to fit must still be refined by each other to run perfectly. The question is, am i ready to work that part out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home