Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Winning

What does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?

In a way, i believe this sums up something i been struggling with. I want to win. Nobody I know likes to lose. Nobody i know hates to win. So I want to win. But to what end?

Do I need to win every argument that comes my way? Certainly not. For even if i won the argument, I could have lost my friends. I would have lost everything that was important and got back nothing worth mentioning.

The bible translates soul as best as it can, but the greek word used here psychē, meaning the essence of life, or the essence of being, the essence of who we are. What is the purpose of winning if in the end, we lose ourselves?

I do not want to stop winning; there are times i need to fight for what i believe to be true and what i hold to be real. But if they are insignificant, then i believe i need to learn to let it go. Why fight what is irrelevant? Hold on to the truth. I do not need to win arguments, i just need to win people's trust.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home