Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Monday, March 03, 2008

The scariest issue

Can man live without God?

My answer is Yes. That answer scares me.

It scares me because that means i do not need God to live a full life. It scares me because it means i can run wherever i want to do whatever i want to be whoever i want, and live life to the max.

It scares me because that means I am in control. It means that the consequences of my actions are fully borne by me. It means that i need to make decisions and be totally in charge. It means that all responsibility for my life is mine. It means I have to make this life count based on my own efforts. It means i have to play a game of rules i do not know nor fully understand, because the maker of the game is on vacation.

Yet i know I can. Am i losing my faith? I do not think so. Even worse, my faith is evolving to that of one who says that i believe in God but i somehow do not need Him. What makes it painful is i know that is not true.

I want to want God. I want to need God. I want to be in a relationship with God. I want to know Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home