Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Listening

Day before was the first in a long time that i returned to the arms of God.

It is hard to return to Jesus. Because you know you do not deserve a return embrace but a shun aside. A rejection of any sort is sometimes better than blind acceptance.

The love of Jesus is exactly that. Blind acceptance. It is nothing more or less than blind acceptance. Jesus is standing there with arms wide open, waiting for us to return to him. Yet we opt to run away from him.

But the first thing was God said was this,
What have you lost?

You strip away all that I am, you will find the only thing worth removing from me is my talent of listening. The gift of listening deep into the hearts of people, the cries of broken hearts. Yet even this i have lost, perverted and discarded. The sensitivity i had to Jesus is another thing i have lost, ignored forgotten.

To listen is my gift, and that i have discarded. In do ing so, i have rejected my use for God. I have rejected my gift God gave that i may go my own way. In the same way, i have rejected God.

In that vein, God asks, How then can i bless those to whom the blessing will be a curse to. How then can i send blessing to whom it will kill.

I want to run after Jesus, to run hard after God. To be still in the wind and the waves, to be calm after the storm, to be collected in the fires, to hear the still small voice of God.

In the wind, the rain. Storms and fire. God is there but he will not be found.
But in the silence, He is waiting to be found.

My son, are you ready to live in your father's home as His son?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home