Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

A story

A man was asked, "Sir, of your two daughters, which do you love more?"

He replied, "Neither. I love both equally." Later, he added, "However, if you asked my children, my younger daughter would think that i love my elder daughter more. "

His friend asked, "Why do you think it is so?"

And the man replied, "Because the elder daughter talks to me more."

It strikes me as a short but powerful story. Because the elder daughter talks to me more. How many of us thinks God practices favouritism, or that God loves other people but not you. How may of us look at our lives and think that God or in fact, any one does not love you.

The truth is measured simply by looking at the time you spend with that person. With regards to God, how often do you talk to God and more importantly, how often do you hear God? God speaks. He still does. He will speak if you will listen. I could blog on how to hear God, but for that, it is better if you asked me personally to share my own walk.

Your friends speak. How often do you hear their hearts. Do you know how to?

Your heart speaks. Are you your own friend? Do you hear your own heart? Many people i know, do not listen to their own hearts. Listen. Spend time with yourself. Spend time with your friends. Spend time with God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home