Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ends and means

JYC camp ended yesterday. It was fantastic, like family. I really am going to miss them.

God asked me again, Am I the means to your ends or the ends to your means. The difference is this, means to my ends states that I am using God for my own glory and desires. i treat his grace lightly. Ends to your means implies a sacrifice. A sacrifice of my wants, my methods desires. But put God first, and more importantly, put God SERIOUS.

I think through it all, it has been very easy to act holy holy, but in reality, my life is like a garden that is very messy. Very very messy. I wish it were not so, but it is in actuality. Weeds overgrow the place and I need a gardener. And Jesus has offered to garden FREE, only thing is, he will cut and destroy that which is not right. SOmetimes that is the greatest fear any one of us have. We so desire to cling on to the things we have, even the sins and the ugly things we own, for the the fear of losing them over rides the fear of them posessing us.

Through the camp, God asked, how serious am i treating him. i think that there is a real need, urgent pressing need to stay very very close to God. Like he is serious about us and that his judgement is REAL. His judegment will come, and his glory will come. So many times we ask to see his glory for our joy, but in reality, his glory will strike fear for our GOD IS A HOLY GOD. ANd he will burn all that is unholy. How then can we say that his glory is just for joy.Joy yes, but like any bomb to end all wars, fear. The fear of the lord is a healthy fear, keeps us from treating him lightly.

Well, having some minor problems, ok serious propblems about accomodation in NZ. will tyr to sort it out soon. Sigh...

God's word is like medicine. Very very refreshing. Drink it daily, as often and as much as you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home