Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sold For God

This season is so messy.

On the one hand, God is teaching me about life. And the two things are simple. In fact the two words are:

Simplicity
Responsibility

Simplicity means this: The whole message of the bible is that God loves you. Full Stop. Anything else is theology.

Consider this analogy:
Economics at it's most foundational level is simply scarcity. Because of that, there is demand and supply. Everything else is simply peripheral.

If you are doing physics, the fundamental is simply the energy, whilst Mathematics is making order out of chaos. Of course there are other levels, but at it's rawest form, this is what it is.

It is the same with Christianity. God's whole thrust is this "I Love You". He made us so that He could love us. God made us to love us. God is LOVE, that is His nature, and His name. How awesome.

And that is the whole crux of the message for me this time. God Loves me.

The second is Responsibility

It does not mean a burden or duty, but it means to respond. God loves us, so our duty is to love Him back. Because the love God has for us is not the same love a couple has, it is a love a parent has for their child, and then some. We say that we should love our parents because they love us, how much more our heavenly father.

The truth is, we need to be sold for God. In my life, i need to surrender all for God. Today God challenge me, to really live it all for Him. To really die to self, so that His will (and hence me =p) be done. I want to do that. Trust Him.

Also God promised me that His plans for me are exactly what would make me the best. The best i can be. Only trust Him. He will never fail.

In this stage, i will run hard, fly hard, never let go. Cos there is nothing else worth living for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home