Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

updates

I got baptised yesterday.

Yup yup so haha today is the first day of the rest of my life. Lets pray that i have decided to follow Jesus, i wun let go, neither will i lose grip on my walk with God.

But here is something me and a friend talked about a few days ago. She insists that she retains the copyright.

Why i blog about this one issue, is because i felt it was interesting.

We were discussing sin, and it's consequences. Does forgiveness from God absolve you of the consequence of sin?

I think we can safely say that with regards to sin bringing forth death, then yes forgiveness of God due to the sacrifice of Jesus deals with that. But how about the physical consequences?

My friend's conclusion was (and i agree with her):

*** says: (11:14:33 PM)

God's forgiveness gives you the grace and what you need to bear the consequences of your sin

*** says: (11:14:56 PM)

salvation gives you forgiveness, not erasing of consequences


I believe God gives us the grace to bear the consequences of sin. David had to bear the consequences of his sin (losing his son, his kingdom never reaching the same heights before the fall), Abraham too (lying to Pharoah about Sarah, resulting in his children doing the same thing).

But Saul did not fully repent, instead he wanted restoration without repentance. That caused him to fall hard. David had the grace of God, which was why he managed to finish his race well. Among the bible heroes, there are many who started well, very few who ended well. I believe David's sin caused him to end lesser well then he would have, yet for God's grace, he still ended well enough. His kingdom did not fall.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably should read the book "Finishing Strong" by Steve Farrar. It talks about biblical heroes who finished strong in God's sight. Talks about David and the like too. Fascinating book.

It's actually a book for christian men but it's one of the strongest and THE most challenging book i've read so far.

-seah (your cousin from anntic)

11:22 PM  
Blogger W said...

Hmm maybe i will. After i finish my many books i reading. Finish well then cousin Seah

1:00 AM  
Blogger tsl said...

congrats on ur baptism. I can always remember when i got baptised... but then... what is a ritual when christianity is a process.

2:54 AM  
Blogger W said...

Hey Shir.

Yeah baptism is but a ritual, while christianity is a relationship process.. Bless ya

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home