Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Hope

What drives us forward is not the achievement of a dream, but the hope of it's achievement.

I come to realise that the greatest emotion that drives people is really hope. Hope pushes us on. When the going gets tough, hope gives us the direction of travel. Hope spurs us on, it encourages us on.

Love does the same, but love lacks direction. It merely exists as the crutch on which everyone needs to lean on, the water we all need to drink deep from. But hope functions as a compass, giving us a direction to move towards.

Yet hope can crash a person. Hope can destroy what joy that person seeks for. It can eliminate all the life a person has, it can wreck a man's life. I know. I had hoped. And my hoped crashed.

But the other day, i felt God's tender hand come in and say this. Only to those who dare to hope, do i put through such trials. It takes courage and character to have hope (true hope and not wishful hope). It takes a person who dares a lot to hope. Because Hope entails a risk of loss. Hope requires that a person dares to move forward in that direction, bearing in mind the risk of error. Hope trusts that the person dares much. Hope gives life meaning, yet takes away reason. Hope is a double edged sword.

Guys, you need to hope. You need because only then you will dare to move in the direction.

Life is made worth while of the things we hope for. May all your dreams come through, except one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home