Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Barriers to God

In a sermon once, i heard this preached.

"The biggest barrier to reaching out to people, are the christians".

I think i can safely extend it. Even now, the biggest barrier in my walk with God, is ironically, other christians.

Been struggling with life, practical issues. The biggest being jobless and equally big is being single. Right now i do not need advice, but well, people are ALL so willing to dispense bible verses and information and trivia. When all i need, want and pray for, is just someone to sit beside me and say, yo bro, lets just walk together. No suggestions, no preachng, no truths, just walk with you. Just feel your pain and carry your burden.

Is it so hard to do that? Youth Connection, is it that hard to be able to come up to your friends and NOT preach, but just love? Just sit beside them when they are down and just say, hey bro, I'm here.

The strongest friendships i think are built not on the advice, but the presence of friends. We just want people to care, not what they know, but what they care. Personally, too many people i know, my church friends, just don't do that.

But anyway on a side note, i read something that really hit me today. About working OUT your salvation (and not working FOR). I realise that God really wants me to be who He made me to be, the person He designed me to be, one that is really a work of art. And this season of learning who i was meant to be is something special.

I don't know where God wants me to be , but i know that God is faithful. I just wish i could say it with conviction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home