Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A few things

Repentance

What does that mean? The bible tells us that if we are repentant, salvation will be for us.

But what exactly is repentant?
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both (Jews and Gentiles) unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Jesus's death's purpose was to reconcile Man to God. What then is repentance? More than just guilt and hatred of the old. But it is that and the desire to be reconciled to God. To be back on track with a good relationship with God. In essence. Repentance is merely the act of

1. Admitting sin
2. Asking for Forgiveness.
3. Live a life that builds a new relationship with God.

If you are living in habitual sin, i challenge you, is number 3 what you are doing?

To be honest, there are many sins i commit. But i ask myself, why do i find myself on my knees so often to say "God I am sorry" when i should find myself on my knees daily saying "God i want to know you more"

Repentance without the third part, is merely admission of guilt. Many of us stay at this level, and it is this that the devil catches us. A truly repentant man is one who builds in love of God.

How then do we go about the discipline of loving God?
1. QT.
2. Mediate on the Word of God
3. Be saturated with the Word of God.
4. Be sensitive to the moving of the Holy Spirit.

Lets get serious now. Life is too short to spend on saying I am sorry. Life means we need to say i am sorry, God i want to love you more.

Love God more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home