Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Land

A man comes to view a plot of land. War had visited the area. Rubble lie scattered on the ground. Dust covers the grassland, cakes the rocks, saturates the air. The air is stale and dead. Life struggles to find purchase on the barren land. Spots of weeds grow up in random corners. Death and desolation is victorious. Deep craters graced the ground, sharp steep walls hovering over deep chasms.

In the background there are hills, rolling hills of green grass. Bird fly around, and villages nearby have vivid signs of life. Yet on this area, there is a sense of desperation. To many, this land is useless. Life cannot thrive, death reigns and destruction rules. What is purpose of such a land?

To that man, he sees a hope for the future. He sees the land as having potential. He sees a chance for the land to be a blessing. He SEES the land.

The man slowly clears the land of the rubble. He sweeps the land clean. He wipes what he sees clean of dust. He carts the rubble away. He marks out an area for a home. He zones an area for a garden. He plants. He gardens.

Slowly, life returns. Trees sprout up and grass grows. The air clears. Animals run wild across the new plains. The sounds of birds fill the air, chasing out the dust. Death and destruction slowly loses grip over the land.

But the craters remain. The man looks at the craters and wants to fill it up. Inspired, He decides to do something. He fills up the crater with water. Animals look at the water, suspicious. But soon they take sips of water, and find it refreshing. Life giving. The animals come slowly and drink deep of the water.

Eventually, people travel and they see the change in the land. They see the change. They see the life that is growing up. They drink of the water. Their lives are refreshed by the water.


That is my life. The rubble shows the broken dreams. The dust shows the lack of care of my life. The craters show the hurts I have. God takes care of my life. Out of a life that appears useless, he clears it up.

God clears the broken dreams. Out of ruins, He builds a home. Out of shatter dreams, he gives new hope. Instead of just clearing the land, He builds.

God uses the wounds to bring life to others. The crater He fills with living water, that I might quench others. Instead of covering the wound, He fills it with His love and life.

God does not heal me the way I want Him to. Many times, I want Him to take away the pain. But God opts to let me bear the pain. Not only that will I learn, but that I might be able to share the burden. When another goes through that path, I can stand with that person and say, I know.

In some sense, I can see how God is leading me. First through showing me what loving God means, then loving people when rejected and then loving a person despite rejection. It hurts, but I guess I really see God’s feelings now. His pain when we reject Him. God does not see us as a people. He sees us as a person. The depth of rejection we show to Him, is really really deep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home