Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Quiet End

A church mate, one whom i am not too close to, has went home to be with the lord.

Many people ask why. Why must it happen, why didn't God intervene. I think He did. I think God wanted Fei to go home. I think even now, there was a purpose. That God lets people die, so that the living will ask the right questions.

The problem today is that people spend too much time trying to disprove one another. Science wants to disprove God, Religions want to show why others are wrong. Perhaps God reminds us, that all things belong to him. All are in his hands. Time to ask the right question, perhaps, what happens when we die. Not to ask if christianity is incorrect. Ask what is the reason for life. The reason for death. The end of it all.

Fei's life was for God. He ran the race, as one of my younger friends put it. Fei lived for and died for Christ. He went home to be in the courts of God. He is not dead; he is at home.

My last memory is of him, on tuesday night. he had come for the JYC camp to just hear. I like to think he came also to spend one last night in church. TO be in the place that he loved. I remember that he looked weak, tired. I think the chemo was taking it's toil.

Truly, i think after a successful battle so far, no one expects the war to be lost. But even when it is lost, the living must go on. Time for the dead to bury the dead. If anything, GOd reminds us that life on earth is no more then a fleeting change. The life the momentary spark extinguishes as it appears. But for it existance, it illuminated something.

Sparks fly,
Sparks cease.
Dreams soar,
Reality sinks.
Hope floats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home