Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

But when that is over, what do we do?

When worship meets reality, what do we do?

Worship is a time where the presence of God is so strong. When we feel His strength with us. When all we want to do is just cry holy. But when that is over, what do we do?

When we are happy and joyful, we thank God. When life seems to be manageable, we praise our Lord. When life's path seems to bring us delight, we praise Him. When our journey is filled with declarations of blessings, we worship God. But when that is over, what do we do?

When we are contented, we thank God. When our needs are met, to our satisfaction, we praise God. When our prayers are answered, we praise God. But when that is over, what do we do?

Whe we are upset over small things. When spiritually we are down, when we are hit, when we are struck down, when we are struck against, what do we do?

When the things go bad, when our prayers fall past us, when our hurts well up within, when fear pour down, when sorrow fills our cup, when the fountain of joy has become a reservoir of acid tears, what do we do?

When there is something naggin in your spirit, when you are not fully joyful, when there is something blocking our paths, when there is something that prevents us from entering the Holy of Holiest, what do we do?

When the matter comes to heart, what do we do? Do we choose to worship? Or do we choose to self satisfy. I choose that when i am up, when i am bold, when i am alive, when i am joyful, i will worship. I choose that when i am down, when i am hit, when i am submerged, when i am sinking, i will worship. I choose a life of worship of a God who is good. Not a God who is good to me. But a God who is good. I choose worship. I choose life. I choose God.

But when that is over, what do we do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home