Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Monday, August 06, 2007

On Love. On Relationships

I just wrote out what i wanted to say about the talk i had on sunday by Michale Schluter (Jubilee Centre), but i felt that was not what God wanted to say.

There is something deep within me that is really crying out for the students. I just came back from relief teaching. Many people know that i want to enter teaching after i work a while. But today, i find that arguement is somehow hollowed.

I realise how MUCH i really want to enter teaching, not because i can teach but because God has placed a burden on my heart for the students. I am faced with the fact that when i was in school, i just felt God's heart, His desire is for them to know Him. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom, but fools despise knowledge and instruction. He loves every child. And He wants them to know Him, because of the pain they feel. The pain of growing up.

Being at the school, i remembered my own childhood days, of trying to fit in, of fighting to make sense, of fighting. School played such a role for me that i realise without it, i would not be here today. The teachers i had, so many of them poured out their sweat for me. They gave it their all, because their all was all they had.

To my teachers, Thanks. Each and everyone of you had a part in guiding me to where i am. Saint Andrew's Primary School. Saint Andrew's Secondary. Catholic Junior College. I remember but more importantly. God remembers. To the teachers out there, God Remembers. God Remembers. He Remembers you.

I dunno why but there is a burden for the teachers. And really need to pray for them. Not just to cover them, but because they are the ones who really can make impact. They are the ones who can change the lives of the young, and walking with God, set the destiny of this nation. How can we not pray for them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home