Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Journey's Mercy

Ok have finally confirmed my flight date, 2nd of july. As the day draws nearer, it feels surreal. There seems so much left to be done, so much more things to do, that i fear i might not be able to remember to do everything, from the minute to the difficult.

I realised that i stil cannot buy my draft to pay for my deposit for my room. That is cos i forgotten to whom should i make payment to. On top of that, i need my dad signature before i can send the acceptance offer. SIgh, another $27.50 just to send it by speed post. I used to wonder how did post office make moeny. Now i know.

Oh well, anyway, i was doing qt and I learnt that God does not hate us. He hates our sins, and all he wants to do is to turn us from the sins that we commit on an hourly basis. The most simple one we do is to simply forget about GOd. And in reality, that is the worse. Because the action of 'sin' is not the sin itself, but the idoltry part.

To clarify, the part we call sin, the expression of sin is really the expression of our desires. The actual part sin we have done so by giving God over to idoltry. Take for example, Gossiping. The act of gossip is an expression of sin yes, but the initial mistake we made was thinking bad of others so much so that we idolise and have the mistaken belief that our image of another person is the right one. SO when we repent about gossip, the actual part of repentance must include the thinking negative about another person. Of course if there is indeed a problem with the person, tell him in love.

The act of theft is a sin, but repenting is not about saying i am sorry about stealing, it is going deeper. The acknowledgement of an idol in your life, the item you stel. If so, then the proper act of repentace would require one to actual admit and eradicate that idol.

Doing good for the sake of doing good, or repenting for the sake of repenting is not worship. It is an act of defiance. God wants our worship to be full and wholehearted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home