Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

X roads

I think it finally sunk in at crossroads 2007.

Come april 28 (besides that issue) NUS will no longer be a home to me. Economics Honours room will cease to be a hngout room for me. I will no longer have the privilege of feeling at home at NUS anymore.

Come this year, the next stage and the longest stage of my life. The one portion that SIngapore has trained me for. The working life starts.

I think it is scary. Not the working part. But the losing of friendships. I was talking to Evangeline today, about losing friends. And suddenly became all sad and down. Realising that yeah, so many friends and good times will become little but memories.

There are some whom i will promise to keep as friends. Keep in touch, treasure their words, presence and laughter. Treasure their advice. Counsel. Friendship. Love. People like Rachel, Sida, Ivan, Frederick, Evangeline, Chris, Tab. Friends whom we grew up in NUS. People like Winnie, Weiying, Kumu, Shaun. People whom i grew to know so much better through serving with one another.

Friends are treasures. But the ones who stay with you, are like gems. Precious stones.

I think God wants me to deal with the larger issue at hand. Loneliness. That is this sense of longing for deep relationship with people. Real relationships. So many times, i feel that i spend too much of my time just talking to people to find out how i can pray for them, or whether God wants me to minster to them. But i guess things dun happen the way i want.

God wants to steady my relationship with Him. Wants me to be grounded in knowing Him. Something i always thought i knew, but i think God is preparing me for a relationship. Where i can honestly say, it is not two broken people coming together, but two people broken and made whole by God, ready to get to know each other deeper. I say this not just about a BGR (which those who know me would know my desire) and just wanna know him.

God has been asking me to be honest, more and more honest with Him. Fern told me that she admired me for being honest with God, even when it is rage. anger. Upset. All these i pour out back to God. i rant to God. and i think God wants me on this journey. To be frank and hoenst with him, open and ready. To talk to him. To be closer to him AGAIN. and you know what, GOD IS NOT BORED WITH ME~!!!!

The God who created me, the heavens and earth, the God who know me better than myself, that God of all things wants to Know me as Friend. wants to be close to me, wants me to trust him and is wants to earn my trust!!! How amazing is that!

Yeah so anyway that is what i been learning over the last few days. As the run up to grad occurs, i thank god for friends i have. I thank you friends who have stood by me. Who have loved me no matter what.

1 Comments:

Blogger tsl said...

Just passing by.

God place friends at different pts of our lives for a reason or another. Some stay, and some don't...but whatever it is... the memories shared are the most beautiful.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home