Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hmmm

I was talking to a friend this afternoon.

And she mentioned that sometimes it is our expectations that cause us hurt.

I disagree. It is more than expectations that cause us hurt. It is simply our needs not met by others.

I do not expect friends to love me the way i need, now i realise it is asking too much of them to love me exactly the way i need. I have to learn to understand how they love people and to appreciate their love for me. (if at all).

The perennial problem of loneliness is my demon that i am still fighting, and fighting. I know it will be my thorn, it will be my battle. It is one thing to know in your heart you have friends, it is another to live a life when you feel you have none.

1 Comments:

Blogger tsl said...

we need to understand that when someone doesn't love us the way we want, it doesnt mean they don't love us. it means they're loving us the way they know how, the way they know best. and we need to learn to recognise that to be able to appreciate the relationship. =)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home