Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Not Going Church

I did not go church today. Overslept. Purposely.

Been really tired this few days. Busy like anything, balancing a really full plate on my time. With ISM looming, ministries running and everything, i think i am carrying a very heavy plate and been doing it for a really long time.

So I gave myself the luxury of skipping church, and i think for one, it was the right thing to do.

Before you shoot me down, hear me out. I do not advocate skipping church. Nope. Skipping church because you are tired is not an excuse. Skipping church must never become the norm.

Today, I skipped to focus on God. I needed time to reflect and to think about who God is again. I needed time to think about something that bothered me a lot. Well a lot of things any way. At any rate, telling people they should not skip church must always have a caveat; a few people come to church just because they have to. Or worse, because they think it is the right thing to do. Either way, dun come. Let God convict you for the reason for church. When he does, you will make right decisions concerning church.

Anyway, this morning I woke and went to talk with God. And then God asked me a pertinent question. What is your faith built on?
I answered, on what I have done with Your strength.

With that answered, I got my answer. My faith was not founded on who God is. My faith is founded on what I have done. My faith is founded on the goodness, greatness and blessings of God, not on God Himself. My faith is founded on what I have gone through, and not on God Himself.

God called me again, and said, Will you found your faith on Who I Am?

This question is the age old question. I have not done any QT for the longest time, i have neglected God's word for a long time. I still hear Him, and that is His grace for me. Yet i reject His call to return.

A lot of things been going on my life over the last few weeks. Not emtionally, but mentally, physically. And just running through the motions until i run out of steam. Which is where i am now. Out of steam. Out of strength. Nearly out of Hope. But not out of God's reach.

I am tired, partly because God let me be tired to be stretched and to see where i fell. I dun claim to see an easy path. The path will just get harder, the trials ever harder. But the ending, ever sweeter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home