Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Teleo

It is accomplished.

I just submitted my ism.

In a way, it is sad to see it go, but it is a blessing. As i walked out of my professor's office and down the quiet economics department, a part of me hurt.

It is finished. I am done with NUS.

But the feeling of sadness is there. But as i walked, i asked myself, am i glad? And you know what, i realised something.

Everything ends. Everything runs its course. Change happens. But to be satisified, i have to ask myself. Did what i do during this phase, was it my best? Did i accomplish it? Did i finished the race well?

Ultimately, in life, at every stage, we need to ask ourselves. Did we run the race hard enough, did we finish the race well. Did we do what we set out to do. Did we learn to love God more. Did we learn to know God more.

Dun live a life of regret. Live a life worth living.

Tetelestai. - It is finished.
Significance:
Jesus' last cry from the cross, TETELESTAI ("It is finished!")
"It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely,
once and for all time."

Jesus, after choosing to die for us, says, it is Finished. I have done what i set out to do.

Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home