Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Destiny

I had a talk with my CG on monday, the few who turned up (and instead of bs we went for dinner).

Something came up. The issue of destiny. Or rather, purpose. I shared that sometimes, meeting needs is not the right thing. My example was that of two people, one who was about to receive christ and the other was a friend who was struggling.

For me, there is no contest. Unless Holy Spirit says otherwise, the default i go to is the friend who is struggling. There is no need to measure the two.

I guess for me, i learnt what my purpose is for this season. And that is to heal. My gifts from God were not meant for me to teach, not meant for me to guide, but to heal. Yes occasionally, they can be used when God says teach, but by and large, the main purpose of the gifts is to heal. The one purpose i know that God has for me, is to heal.

For me, i realised that that means, to some i have a purpose, to others i am just stubborn. But Jesus had a mission and a purpose. His disciples, whom He loved a lot, he left them just when they needed Him. He chose his purpose rather then meeting the needs of His disciples.

But i also see from Jesus's life, that there were times when He met needs. I think there is something special about that. There are some people i realise, who's gifts are rather geared towards meeting needs. That they can play several role when God calls them to that particular role. These friends i realise when God calls them, will be blessed with the specific gift necessary for that role. It is something that is special, because these people will then have a purpose which is to really meet whatever needs of the people who come their way. Maybe not all, but different needs of people can be met.

Ultimately, the truth is this, we have to know who we are, we have to know our purpose. Everyone in the world was made for a purpose. That is why believers and non believers all hunger for the same thing, that purpose. The rat race, the academic route, the records we break, the things we do, all that and more, we desire and hunger to find out our purpose. What are we here for? That is the big question.

Science hides behind the question, how did we come here? They will probably one day explain the how. But science can NEVER explain the why. Philosophy tries to explain the why. They are still trying. God's word has explained the why. To love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind strength soul. To love your neighbour as you love yourself.

You what i just realised? The most beautiful part of this verse, is that it has got NOTHING to do with what you achieve with your life. God did not say, work hard, nor did he say study hard, be the best, climb the top of the ladder, run the fastest race, be the most beautiful, pick up the most pretty girl. God simply says, LOVE ME WITH ALL THAT YOU ARE!. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR THE WAY YOU LOVE YOURSELF.

That is our destiny, to love God. The expression of our destiny, is the manner in which we are trying. The purpose we all hunger for, that purpose was the expression of this ultimate destiny. If our purpose is to be a great politician, our dream is to drive the BMW M5, our passion is to help old ladies cross the roads, then those dreams (sans the bmw one) is an expression of our ultimate destiny.

Set the first role right. To love the LORD your GOD with ALL that you are. The purpose you have, God will show it to you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home