Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Faith

I had interesting time with God.

Last night, after blogging and talking to a friend, i went to meet God. Did not want to, as i was tired and needed to sleep. But i thank God for talking.

The first thing He said was, if you have lost your faith, why do you still pray? If you have lost your faith, is this voice not just a voice?

My answer was silence. then God said something which struck me (is a bit personal so i shall just leave it out).

Anyway, God reminded me to surrender 'it' into his hands. Then He explained what surrender is.

Don't think of the if only, don't make decisions now. Pray about it. That's what surrender is. Not a total disregard of the issue, but the not thinking of the what if, if only extrapolations. The decisions wait till I say so. The prayer goes on.

It takes faith to surrender. Faith on things yet unseen, unknown, unheard of, yet faith in a God who is real and everlasting, who is faithful beyond all things. With that faith, we lay down our desires in the knowledge that God will satisfy us. It is a powerful act unto God. To die the desire.

I could go on on dying, some other time. But the key is, in surrendering, it takes faith. And the thing i most love about Daniel's friend, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. in daniel 3. This is an act of great faith.

Vs 17-18 reads:

"If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up." (italics, bold added)

This is in the face of death, that even if my God does not deliver me, even if He choses not to save me, My God is STILL good, my God is STILL God.

I mean, can i honestly surrender the issue and say unto God, God, even if it does not happen according to my desires, the desires and dreams you know fully about, still i will say, My God is good. Still i will worship You oh God.

I don't know, but this is the cry of God's heart. On this journey of faith, this is the next step.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger purplecross said...

ppl always say, "oh you must leave it in GOd's hands.".. "surrender it and everything will be ok".. without actually explaining the 'act' of surrendering. what God explained to you is really simple. thanks:)

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home