Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Conviction, preference

I just had an amazing service today.

The speaker today was Pastor Sam from another church, and he is really anointed by God. SOmeone who really has a passion and committment to God, with the joy and the heart of a young man.

ANyway his thrust today, or at least the part of the message that i felt was really speaking to me, was that we can choose to prefer or to be convicted.

Preference means to make a stand only because the decision appears to be right and profitable at the time of selection. This may mean that we follow only for the purposes of profit, but when the going gets tough, we get lost.

Conviction on the other had literally means to follow through the entire event whole heartedly. in game theory, this means to make a decision to commit in order to force the other player to have lesser options, or less attractive options.

In life we can choose to play the first or the second option. Either we prefer the choice because of the payoff, or we play the second because we believe in the concept so strongly that we are willing to pay a price first to ensure committment to the decision made.

I prayed strongly that i am convicted by christ, because when i look in my life, i see so much of a mess. I see nothing but tumoil. I see nothing but disaster, failed attempts to follow christ. I perceive nothing but really a whole trail of bad decisions and mistakes. I see nothing useful.

But god reminded me something. When he picks me up, when he forgives and when he cleans me up, there is no turning back. It means literally the old has been shed, the new is here to stay. there is no old anymore. we are in the new creation. the past, is as should be, in the past and forgotten. God wants me to live a life worth living, a life that is in the present , and in the now. Not in the past and not in the yesterday. But in the now.

I know i have a trail of failures, let downs and spoilt history. But i also know, that God cleans it all off, for a new start. And this time, i am convicted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home