Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Judge

I wonder.

Christians are told we are not to judge others. Yet at the same time we are to tell someone, in love, when the person has done wrong.

How can you tell someone that he or she has done something wrong if the you have not judged?

I think god wants us to judge. he wants us to judge for ourselves that which is good and that which is bad, and make decisions based on that. He gave us the ability to judege, righteously, in accordance to the will of God.

But God does not want us to judge and to pass judgement in the form of, by way of example, condemnation, like the catholic church's excommunication policy. Judgement cannot be for the sake of condemning others, the objective of judgement has to be for the sake of pursuing God's character. Else there is no decision to be made without judgement.

1 Comments:

Blogger jA3L said...

wow.
this used to bug me... thanks for your thoughts... i see a new light! =)
good to have thinking friends

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home