Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My sheep

Jn 10: 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

So many times oh God. I want to hear your voice speak to me through your word. I hunger for you word from the bible. Yet i know somehow i know not your word. I know not your truth. My temple is broken because i know not your word.

Only on your grace have i come thus far. Only by your grace have i managed to enter into your presence. Only by your grace am I in your mercies. Only by your grace can i even hear you. Lord would you teach me in your word. Would you show me your glory in your word, that i may know you more then just a spiritual life, but one grounded in your truth and your written word, one that you said that heaven and earth will pass away but you word will never pass.

I may not know the word well. I may not remember what verses are where. I may not be able to cite the bible. But knowing the word does not make you a christian. Knowing the bible does not make you a christian, nor a lover of God. A person who knows God, one who seeks God, one who hungers for God. He is a christian.

I know not your word. But i hunger for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home