Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

QT

I just spent time with God. QT. On wheels.

I was driving back from NUS. And decided to drive the long way home. From NUS to Changi via ECP then Home.

I think in the journey, i was refreshed just by realising that God was enjoying just spending time with me. Just hanging out. Just driving down. And it occurred to me, sometimes, i am so excited by the destination, i forget the journey. I forget to smell the roses, forget to look at the cars. Forget to enjoy the scenery. Forget to wait. To slow down. Just rushing forward. Going faster, ovetaking. Rushing rushing.

Psa 119:35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

The path of thy commandments, why just the path? Cos God wants us on this journey. ANd he wants to hang out with us on this journey. He wants to walk with us. The ending is fixed once the path is fixed.

1Cr 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

RUn hard for that prize. But dun forget the roses at the sides.

Anyway i was reflecting with a friend last night. And i realise there is a wound in me that is still very sore, a nerve that is still exposed, making me more sensitive to what people say, mis understanding them even. I am still hurt by the excess of criticism on me. Still hurt by the past. I know this issue is on me, but i am asking for grace. I think all i want to do, is when i do wrong,when i say the wrong things, that people in knowing that, will not say anything. To cut me some slack.

I know when criticism is due, i know when someone is hurt, even what they say when wrong, dun correct them. Deal with the pain, not the symptoms. There is tough love, there is gentle love, there is accepting love. THink all i want now, is grace from people. Giving me something i do not deserve, a temporary break from correction.

Thanks for reading my blogs. I really appreciate the people who read this.
I pray that God blesses you, in his presence he comes on you. In his glory, he falls on you.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home