Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Restedness is the MINISTRY of the WORD

You run with me. You walk with me. You work with me. Now rest with me.

This was my wake up call this morning. Then i prayed.

I grow weary. I am tired. Honestly, spiritually, physically, mentally. All tired. And i knew why. I have not been doing QT. I have not really spent serious quality time with God. I have not come into his presence.

Then i tried to do QT. Wanted to read the word. Which i did. I prayed and ask for a verse that would encourage me. That would really give me a word of encouragement. And i got several verses. Mat 16. Is 51. Reading those verses, nothing about resting. Nothing. And i thought, ok i heard wrongly.

Then as i read Is 51, it hit me. I was looking for restedness from God in the form of a physical uplifitng of my mentality. perhaps a tangible feeling of strength. More of a feeling thing. Essentially, i wanted to read what i wanted to read, or what i felt i needed to get. i wanted to hear what i wanted to hear.

When God wanted us to rest in his presence, it was literally like Mary and Martha, just to sit by his side and just dwell in his presence. It was not to be like battery, receive exactly 1200mAh for a few hours to run again. Or to top up with battery water.

But just by dwelling with him, just by reading his word, and understanding his word, that refreshes one. If we are searching to hear him, then anything the word says should refresh us, not just what we want to hear, but what we do not expect to hear.

God called me to come to him with no expectations, Rational or Adaptive. Come to him like in a classical model where we adjust fully to his signal.

Exd 33:14 And he said , My presence shall go [with thee], and I will give thee rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home