Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Disturbing peace

Celebrated Sida's birthday on friday (Happy 23rd birthday man). We went to Harry's for lots of Potters. Just had to do that. Ha no la, we just a small cocktail, well, i did, and two mocktails.

Then we took a cab back to my place so that i could drive rachie home and hence save on the taxi ride home from her place. The uncle was well, nice. Opinionated chap. Keep saying things like Uni grad very easy to get job, arts degree very easy to study. Stuff like that. Disclaimer: For those people who believe that an ARTS degree is easy to get, and that only Lawyers and Engineers and Medicine are very hard, please note that that concept belongs in the old days. I do not doubt the difficulty of Medicine, but i think compared to law and engine, there is really little difference in difficulty. Arts requre a lot more creativity and thinking to be able to score, and more importantly, be able to score well.

To top it off, i spotted a cross under his ERP machine. So I asked if he were a christian. To which he replied that no he was not. He proceeded to ask us why is it that if Sodom was destroyed how could it be that Moses (sic) was good. (he got his facts really wrong)

And that got me really bothered. I started to ask God, how how? Later that night, God told me something. It does not sound really good. He said that sacrfices had to be made. The people of Sodom was so evil and by not destroying, It would spread. God did not want to have to destroy the whole world. Not yet anyway.

Must pray for the guy. Feel strange about that, hardly know him. But i realise must must pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home