Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Faith

To continue on faith

James 2:17 Thus also faith by itself, if it is without works, is dead.

I always thought faith and works, the whole issue of fruit or works being the evidence of faith, i.e. good works, like blessing others, love others, etc etc. What we would call, good work la.

But reading on james, you come to a question. James points out Abraham and Rahab, and their works were well good, if you were to put yourself in their shoes at their time, their works were actually a leap of faith.

The works James talks about here is an action birthed out of faith, to take a step despite the more attractive alternative. To move in a manner that opposes that which is more conventional. In essence, faith that causes us to move in a irrational manner, but rational in the sense it is obedience to what God calls us to do.

The works i need to do, is to move in obedience to God, even if a alternative that is more plausible is present. Faith without works, faith without moving in agreement with God, faith without obedience is dead. Faith is not a desperate plea for help, not a desperation for God. Faith is the dependence on God.

Today, i was reminded of a saying
"If you can, do.
If you can't, teach.
If you can't teach, teach those who teach."

I think it should change.
"If you can do, teach.
If you can't teach, do."

SOrry i very teacher mode i dunno why. Pray with me k, as i walk in faith that God calls me to teach.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home