Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Relief

I went back to Fairfield last week (friday) and the last two days for relief.

It is the most tiring day i have had in awhile.

Monday i took several classes, including one Music Class, One History Class, One E-maths Class and one Sec 2 Maths class.

The music class was where i did nothing because the task that the students had to do (go to sfskids.com and investigate instruments) was not possible with the server down.

History was was. I had no idea it was History until i stepped into the class and the students told me it was History. It was a Sec 3 class (the class that i took again for E maths). Was super fun. Cos all i did was to talk to them and help them for the Maths test they were going to have in a while. Lala.

After history I took a break and took the same sec 3 class for E maths. It was essentially a invigilating lesson; they took the test and i watched to make sure they din cheat. There was one girl with a toy dog on her lap (big one, it was her birthday) whilst she took the test. What made it funnier was this other boy with a smaller dog on his table. Why do students need comfort toys?

It was also interesting to realise that Robert William Straughan, Pauline Straughan's son. Yes the NUS sociology prof's son. He is one very polite young man. (Whilst browsing the NUS Sociology Department webpage to find out how to spell Straughan, i just found out that Stella Quah is a woman)

Anyway then i had a sec 2 Maths. Was pretty cool, my JYC youth was there, scolded one kid for using a vulgarity (and i mean a very crude one at that) made him stand up for the rest of the class.

Today was more FUN!!!

First i took Sec 2 Maths. Super Cool. I love the sec school kids. They make me feel young. As opposed to how Clara calls me Uncle Seah.

Then I took a Sec 3E (Robert's Class) for A maths. Waaa, super slow la. Dunno whether Sharon (their maths teacher) will sock me for being so slow. After that i had a Sec 3A Chemistry Class. This was essentially let them do an assignment set by their teacher whom i was reliefing.

I then took the same class for A Maths (more my territory). Was ok, again a bit slow. Trying to teach them the basic of A maths. It is so much easier to learn then to teach.

Then the most exciting Class. 4G. A normal acad class. Rowdy and just basically could not be bothered with a Relief Teacher. So anyway just set the the homework, and let them do. The bigger problem was i totally cannot teach them because it is something i never did in Sec School.

Why oh why can't i teach Economics...

Oh well, i miss my students. I realise now that Teaching is really my passion. Lives ARE in the MAKING here, Hearts ARE in the WAKING here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger tsl said...

its the kids right. its never really abt teaching the subject, as opposed to reaching out to these young lives.

the kids always make my day in the silliest way imaginable. :)

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home