Searching for truth in the midst of lies

I am not lost. I just don't know where here is.

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Interestingly Mundane

Trying to find my way around a fallen world, I am a child of God, neither fully understanding who God is nor what He says, but knowing and trusting that He is God no matter what I feel. A pilgrim on a life journey bashing my way through, A Singaporean who is passionate about things, a desire to live a life worth living.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

A new start

I was wondering how do the lessons in my life over the few weeks tied in. But today i learnt it all in one session.

First, the last few weeks were solely on faith. On walking in faith, on the truth that Faith was not a feeling but an action lived out according to what God says. It is an active response.

Then slowly i felt that walking in faith was hard, because i could not. I learnt that Life is not about the choices ahead, but the CHOICE ahead, that we can only handle ONE Choice at a time. We look at the past, we are distressed by our track record. We look at the future, and we are discouraged by the distance left. What we do is to choose to put step by step the next stage.

Later God pulled me on a journey of discovering the disciplines of loving Him. That loving God is a discipline, that loving anyone is a discipline. Not just emotions, but an active discipline. We choose to love God totally.

Subsequently, God showed me what Loving Him means, that doing the QT is not for loving Him, but to build a restedness in Him so as to have the faith to walk in. To walk in faith is not possible if we are not rested in Him, for only when we are rested in Him can He enter our lives and us in Him.

Finally God showed me that total picture. That right now i am rebuilding my entire christian life. One based on discipline because i realise His love for me, and i love Him. This disciplines will instead of stressing me out, makes me rest in Him, allowing me to walk out my life in faith. And from that faith, i can wait eagerly for the righteousness that we are all entitled to but so few attain, the righteousness by faith, not by declaration that God is saviour, but the righteousness by faith. And all this boils down to one word.

Choice. A choice will determine your character. Your character defines your destiny. Your destiny is NOT a destination, nor achievement, but it is who you are. God made you and He knew who He wanted you to be. He wanted you to be someone, He had a plan and a purpose for you, and nothing makes Him happier nor more glorified than if we fulfill our purposes. We choose Him. Not over the big things, but the NEXT decision. The next one, the next one. God gave us free will. Choose. Choose God now, next time.

Dun worry about the future, worry about today. It is hard enough. Choose God NOW. Dun hesitate. Choose Him Now. That you may achieve the DESTINY that God has for each and everyone of us, that we may attain righteousness by faith, that same faith that is the only thing that can please God, that same faith that will produce works, all boils down to the living faith that is an action. Walking in agreement with God. And to get that faith, we need the disciplines of loving God.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home